Prince Albert, Duke of York, and Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon were married on 26 April 1923 in Westminster Abbey. Unexpectedly, Elizabeth laid her bouquet at the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior on her way into the Abbey.
Lady Elizabeth was attended by eight bridesmaids:
- The Lady Mary Cambridge (26), daughter of the Marquess and Marchioness of Cambridge, great-niece of Queen Mary and thus a cousin of the groom
- The Lady May Cambridge (17), daughter of Princess Alice and the Earl of Athlone, niece of Queen Mary and thus first cousin of the groom
- The Lady Mary Thynn (20), daughter of the Marquess and Marchioness of Bath
- The Lady Katharine Hamilton (23), daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Abercorn
- The Hon Diamond Hardinge (22), daughter of Lord and Lady Hardinge
- The Hon Cecilia Bowes-Lyon (11), daughter of Lord and Lady Glamis, niece of the bride
- The Hon Mary Elizabeth Elphinstone (11), daughter of Lord and Lady Elphinstone, niece of the bride
- Miss Betty Cator (later sister-in-law to the bride, as Hon Mrs Michael Bowes-Lyon)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.